Dear Tom et al -

    Tom> Current DBD::Oracle distributions come with everything.
    Tom> Check out the README.macosx file.

I was actually using that file but I'm still unable to make
DBD-Oracle-1.14 on my new PowerBook.

My oracle seems OK; it does complain about not enough memory when I
try to start a database via sqlplus.  sqlplus runs without issue.

Following the instructions in README.macosx I execute the following
command from the oracle account:

bash-2.05a$ nmedit -R ./hints/macos_lib.syms $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.dylib
nmedit: symbols names listed in: ./hints/macos_lib.syms not in:
/Users/oracle/9iR2/orahome/lib/libclntsh.dylib
_dlclose
_dlsym
bash-2.05a$

Subsequent efforts result in the following:

bash-2.05a$ perl Makefile.PL
Using DBI 1.37 installed in /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/darwin/auto/DBI

 Configuring DBD::Oracle ...

>>>     Remember to actually *READ* the README file!
        Especially if you have any problems.

Using Oracle in /Users/oracle/9iR2/orahome

WARNING: could not decode oracle version from
/Users/oracle/9iR2/orahome/orainst/inspdver, or
/Users/oracle/9iR2/orahome/install/unix.rgs
or from ORACLE_HOME path /Users/oracle/9iR2/orahome.
Oracle version based logic in Makefile.PL may produce erroneous results.

ERROR: symbol table needs modification in Oracle library:
        /Users/oracle/9iR2/orahome/lib/libclntsh.dylib.9.0
Manual modification required - see README.macosx
bash-2.05a$

Thanks in advance for your help.

     Yours -      Billy

     William Goedicke     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                          http://www.goedsole.com:8080

          Lest we forget:

A piece of work is done when you intentionally revert
it to an earlier state.

                - Victor Goedicke

--

     Yours -      Billy

     William Goedicke     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                          http://www.goedsole.com:8080

          Lest we forget:

The best documentation is a collection of succinctly explained simple
examples of every aspect of a system.

        - William Goedicke