From: David K. Whisler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 2:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Oracle 9i (9.2.0.3) client compatiblity with DBD::Oracle?

Anyone know if the latest Oracle client (9.2.0.3) is compatible with
Perl DBI/DBD?  Also, wondering if you can use the 9i client and use the
latest Perl DBI/DBD and talk not only to Oracle 9i Servers but 8i
Servers as well (without having to re-make the perl DBD).  We're
migrating from Oracle Server 8.1.7.4 to 9.2.0.3, but want to get all of
the clients upgraded to 9i first.  They connect to the database via perl
dbi/dbd, but we also have scripts execute on the Oracle Server itself
(which will have still be using the old 8.1.7.4 client since it is the
server and still is running 8.1.7.4 server).  I hope this isn't too
confusing....

--
     David K. Whisler - (704) 687-3964
     Oracle DBA & Centra Administrator