Appologies first because I'm sure this question has
been answered many times before, but I haven't been
able to quickly find the answer.  And it's been a
while since I've used DBI.

If I'm running DBI/DBD::mysql on a mysql client machine,
and I want to connect to a different mysql server
machine, I must supply the username and password
in the DBI connect.  So, that username and password
will be passed from the client machine to the server
machine in cleartext, right?  My question is, how can I do
that such that the username and password is NOT
passed over the wire in cleartext - in the connect
statement?

Thanks.

--
Hardy Merrill