All,

I'm trying my first script in perl.  I want to have a script that reads the database
instances from the TNSNAMES.ora file.  Each database of interest contains a three
letter abbreviation that I would be searching.  Then for each database, I want to
connect and see if a particular account is defined.  If so, disable that account.  For
an experienced perl'er I sure that is an easy one.

I have installed perl, DBI and DBD::Oracle.

Here is my pseudo code:

1.  Define a list containing my database abbreviations
2.  Get username to be disabled.
3.  Open the tnsnames.ora file
4.  Search for the abbreviation.
5.  For each instance, connect to the database and see if account exists.  Not secure,
but my account has the same password
6.  If user exists in that database, disable account.

If someone has done similiar, please share.

Thanks.