Hello,

I'm having troubles to get working the script fti.pl shipped with
fulltextindex plugin for postgres 7.3.2:

Undefined subroutine &main::PQconnectdb called at
/usr/local/postgres-7.3.2/bin/fti.pl line 103, <STDIN> line 2

the script consists the line: "use Pg;"

In your mailing list I learned that Pg is a old implementation of postgres
interface for perl and now it's recommended to use DBD::Pg.

For historical reasons I have to use the module pgsql_perl5-1.9.0 (the last
version of Pg module, Apr 2000)

On my older installation the module worked with Linux 8.0, perl 5.6.1. During
compilation of the Pg module the libraries from postgres-7.2.2 were used, but
anyway It worked well with postgres-7.3.2.

On new installation the module does not work:
Redhat Linux 9.0
postgres 7.3.2
perl-5.8.0
But compiles well.

During installation of Pg module I checked that the library pq can be seen by
linker (ldconfig -v). I'm not so good in all these compiling things, so I
could miss something.

Actually the question is what changes I missed which broke the module ?

Any help would be good :)

Thanks,
Novosjolov Dmitry

PS: Any additional info about my installation I can discover on demand.

--
Best regards,
Novosjolov Dmitry