When I tried to install DBD::ODBC module (from CPAN) on a Linux system, I'm
getting the following error message:

The DBD::ODBC module needs to link with an ODBC 'Driver Manager'.
  (The Driver Manager, in turn, needs one or more database specific
  ODBC drivers. The DBD::ODBC module does _not_ include any ODBC
  drivers!)

  You need to indicate where your ODBC Driver Manager is installed.
  You can do this ether by setting the ODBCHOME environment variable
  or by running 'perl Makefile.PL -o odbcdir'.

  If you do not have an ODBC Driver Manager you can try building the
  free iODBC Driver Manager in the iodbcsrc directory.

At this point, I'm a little lost.   Can anybody provide some assistance ????
Basically, from a Linux machine I'm trying to connect to a Windows based db
(SQL server) and I was told DBD::ODBC was the way to go.   Unfortunately, my
Linux does not already have this module installed.

Thanks !!