From: Nigel Henden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: DBD module install problem
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:21:42 +0900

Tim,

I have installed Solaris 9, with all the recent patches on an Ultra 2 - Test box.
I then installed Oracle 9i second release, 64 bit.
I downloaded and built from source the lastest Perl from CPAN. I built it with gcc compiler which was built as a 64 bit binary.
Also "make" is a 64 bit compiled binary.
Well, Perl gave no errors or warnings for make and make test.
I was able to add the DBI module for Oracle, with no problem, but when I during the make of DBD I get this warning and an error message, and am unable to install it.
I followed all the advice in the "Perl for Oracle DBAs" book, but am at a loss.

Here is the message I get:
WARNING: can't access blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Thank you.

N.D.H.

___________________________________________________ Based on the height above sea level, which South American city is the highest capital city in the world? Find out at postmaster.co.uk