Michael A Chase [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:07:46 -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > How do I determine what version of the DBD module is installed?
>
> There are several DBD::xyz modules.  DBI has a method for finding them:
>
>    perl -MDBI -e "print join qq(\n), DBI->available_drivers"

This works for me, but...

> You can usually find the version of a module with something like:
>
>    perl -MDBD::xyz -e "print $DBD::xyz::VERSION" # UNIX

This does not - just comes back to the command prompt without
printing anything out.  And if I try

     perl -MDBD::xyz -e "print $DBD::xyz::VERSIONx"

expecting to get an error (VERSIONx), I still just come back
to the command prompt with nothing printed.

I'm on Red Hat Linux 9, Perl 5.8.0.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

--