On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:01:22PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Well, I suggested that patch so I -Dm -Mthreads won't segfault :( Can you
> think of a test that would have detected a breakage?

Tests for threads very welcome.

> What I'd love to see is 5.8.3 having completely avoid calling functions
> relying on PL_curinterp. This mix and match of my_perl and PL_curinterp is
> simply busted. I don't know how many days I've spent already trying to
> resolve mysterious segfaults (usually on destroy) caused because of the
> wrong contexts :(

There's about 6 weeks to get stuff finished for 5.8.3

I don't think it's realistic to expect to get them all done by then, but
anyone is welcome to make a start. Whilst I think that this feels like a
good idea, I have finite time, and suspect that many other things will
feature higher on my TODO list. [such as responding to open bugs]

Nicholas Clark