[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi!

Hello,

I am trying to connect to 2 sybase databases (actually it is a nco_sql version3.6). I am trying to connect to the these database with use from a sybase client. When I am just connecting to 1 database, it all works out fine, but when I try to connect to 2 databases concurrently it fails:

Error message:

OpenClient message: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (4)
Message String: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed
Operating System Error: Failed to parse address info

The message indicates that the server is down or you are attempting to connect to a host/port that is not available, i.e.; routing, bad interfaces file, etc...

Do any of you guys know how I can avoid this problem?

Verify that you can connect to both servers with sqsh or isql. I recommend sqsh, available at www.sqsh.org, as it will allow you to connect to both and jump around as well as many additional features.

Regards Alexander Ballamy
Telenor Networks A/S
TN-DL-DS-F-OSS