Hi,

> I have two versions of Oracle, 8i and 9i, on one UNIX server.  How do I get DBI to
> use both?

DBD-Oracle links against which ever version of oracle was set at compile
time.  It needs those libraries to function.  You should be able to
connect to both your oracle 8 and oracle 9 instances with the oracle 8
dbd-oracle build.   Make sure that your tnsname.ora file pointed to by
your TNS_ADMIN variable contains all the instances in them.  I've an
oracle 8i client compiled dbd-oracle on both solaris and linux connecting
to oracle 8i and 9i databases with no issues.

Michael