Hello Everyone,
I have Perl 5.8.1 on Sun Solaris 9 and it has Oracle
9.2....I have build latest DBI(v1.41) and
DBD::Oracle(v1.15) from tarred files, and I did not
see any major problems on those builds...I wrote a
simple script(select stament) to test Database and it
ran fine. But when I try to use Database link(which is
link to another Oracle8i database ), it errors out
end-of-communication Channel..I could not figure it
out, whether it is DBD::Oracle bug for Oracle9i or
Oracle 9i OCI problem. The scripts also errors out
when i try to use views or Synonyms(But in this case,
it is saying view/table doesnot exist)....
But I don't have problem, on any Client machine(NT OR
LINUX) having running the same script against Oracle
9.2 Database and its Database link(to 8.1), or views
or synonyms..
Any Suggestion, to get around that problem...

I am thinking of having Oralce8i Client on that box
and build those modules against that Client...Is that
a GOOD idea?

Any suggestion will be appreciated..
Thanks.