----- Forwarded message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----

Subject: RE: DBI with ORACLE encryption
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:06:29 +0530

Hi,

 We have an application which gives a corba interaface. We have written a
perl script to pull data out of the interface and dump the same to the
Oracle database. All we do with oracle is to take an database connection
using DBI of the format

$dbh = DBI->connect ('', $user_id, $password, 'Oracle');

 All along this was working fine. When the oracle encryption is enabled in
SQLNET.ORA, then we got the problem as follows.

> ORA-12649: Unknown encryption or data integrity algorithm (DBD ERROR:
> OCIServerAttach)

All the related encryption algorithms are installed.  We also tried some
other ways of connecting to database using dbi. Still the error persists.

WE are not sure about the advanced security option.  Both the Perl script
and the database lie on the same server and the cryptoseed is set on this.

The below are the settings in the sqlnet.ora

sqlnet.encryption_server=requested
sqlnet.encryption_types_server=(RC4_128)
sqlnet.crypto_seed="
-kdje83kkep39487dvmlqEPTbxxe9dkl58shgfm673hhl81hsnbvlah2
hglgmlplvhwlot"

sqlnet.encryption_client=accepted
sqlnet.encryption_types_client=(RC4_128)
sqlnet.crypto_seed="
-kdje83kkep39487dvmlqEPTbxxe9dkl58shgfm673hhl81hsnbvlah2
hglgmlplvhwlot"

We are able to connect via SQL*Plus .   Could you tell us the version of
the DBI , Perl are you using?

Regards
Jayashree

Ability is what you're capable of doing...Motivation determines what you
do...Attitude determines how well you do it.

                      "Gold, Samuel

                      (Contractor)"            To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         cc:      "Tim Bunce ([EMAIL
PROTECTED])"
                      mil>                     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      03/10/2004 06:46

                      PM

Can you connect using SQL*Plus?  I have encryption set up on my database
and
I can connect using perl just fine.  Make sure that you can connect using
SQL*Plus, before you assume that it is a DBI issue.  Do you have the
Advanced Security Option installed?  What country are you in?  You may not
be able to use the Advanced Security Option due to export restrictions.

Thanks,
Sam Gold