> Hmmm - I don't know. Maybe there's a problem with the quoted_identifyer
> setting.
>
> Normally the following should work:
>
> insert foo(string) values('this isn''t "quoted"')
>
> As the " is in a string delimited by single quotes it shouldn't need to
> be quoted.
>
> Have you tried doing this sort of thing in an interactive SQL shell to
> see what works?

Hey Guys,

I have no explanation, but I installed a new version of MySQL which
suggested I reinstall DBI, so while I was at it, I reinstalled DBD:Sybase -
I go back now to that same bit of code that was updating the MS-SQL server
and it works perfectly (I don't need to double quote the double quotes)!!

Sorry for wasting you time.

-Chris