Tim,

I have a few questions regarding proxy server.

I'm trying to create a connection form 'machineA' to 'machineB'
using 'machineC' as the proxy (Because ella have all the necessary driver to
connect to the Oracle database in 'machineB'). I believed the three machines
have everything they need to do that.

'machineC' could connect to 'machineB' without errors. Then, I tried to start a
proxy server on 'machineC', to connect 'machineA' to 'machineB'. Here is the
error that I got:

before dbiproxy server run:
Unable to connect to host=inquire.uits.indiana.edu;sid=SLIS;port=1521:
Cannot log in to DBI::ProxyServer:
Cannot connect: Connection refused at /usr/share/perl5/RPC/PlClient.pm line 75.
at /usr/share/perl5/Net/Daemon/Log.pm line 136.

AFTER dbiproxy server run:
Unable to connect to host=inquire.uits.indiana.edu;sid=SLIS;port=1521:
Cannot log in to DBI::ProxyServer:
Unexpected EOF from server at /usr/share/perl5/RPC/PlClient.pm line 84.

none of us seems to recognize this error. Any inputs.

-Saiful