my problem is not the stored procedure call but the handling of the Oracle
type definition in perl.

TYPE my_tagnames IS TABLE OF varchar2(200) INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;

It's not clear to me how or even if I can call a stored procedure with
such input values.

Thanks for any help in advance !!!

regards,

frank

"Hardy Merrill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
21.06.2004 19:28

An
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Kopie

Thema
Re: stored precedures with array as parameter

Have you read the DBD::Oracle perldocs?  I haven't done that myself, but
I'm almost certain the DBD::Oracle perldocs describe how to invoke a
stored procedure.

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06/21/04 11:11AM >>>
Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to call stored precedures directly with one or
more
arrays as input parameter via DBD:Oracle interface.
Does anybody has a hint for me how I can do this ?

Let me say that the function that I would like to call looks similar to

the one below:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE mystorage  IS
  TYPE my_tagnames IS TABLE OF varchar2(200) INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;

FUNCTION  insert_sm  (msgid             IN varchar2,
                        tagnames        IN my_tagnames,
                        tagvalues       IN my_tagnames,
                        sf_info         OUT VARCHAR2
                       ) RETURN NUMBER;

END mystorage;
/

How should the prepare statement look like and how can I forward the
array's to the function ?

Thank for any help in advance !

kind regards,

frank