Still attempting to load DBD::Oracle  (HPUX 11i , Perl 5.8)

I got it past make by substituting all +s and +n's with -W1 and -Wl .

Now test is failing with  the error (s) :
Exec format error at /opt/perl/lib/5.8.0/PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line
229.
 at (eval 1) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
 at t/base.t line 19

(Perl works fine with other modules)

If anyone has any ideas of where to go from here, I certainly would appreciate it.
I'm almost to the point of using Activestate and windows as the Perl Server, connected
to the HP, since that works right now.  I hate saying that, because I hate windows
products.  I really would like to make this work under Unix!!

Thanks.
Nancy