amonotod wrote:

One set of them has Kanji characters in it
I would prefer to use the CSV driver to do so

What happened when you tried? If it didn't work as expected, what happened instead? Sending the data is good, but sending a small test script that illustrates the problem (if there is a problem) is better. Also your version of perl is very relevant since different perls handle Unicode differently.

If you look at the archives of this mailing list, you'll find a whole discussion of using DBD::CSV with Unicode in the past month including reports of people in Japan who have it working fine. (search for "MultiByte Character Sets and False Matches" and read the whole thread, especially the last couple of posts)

BTW, how did your issue "Re: perl DBD::CSV and non-printing ASCII" turn out? I think the test script I wrote conclusively proved the issue wasn't with DBD::CSV, was that your conclusion also?

--
Jeff