Douglas Marsh wrote:
Starting with Teradata V2R5.1 by default logons are encrypted. This broke the venerable Teradata
DBD V 1.13. You can turn off the requirement for the encryption at the server, but they tend to
look at you funny when you tell them you want to muck about on their big bucks server because your
Perl scripts stopped working!

Is anyone working on a fix? I know they are using Blowfish encryption:
http://www.schneier.com/blowfish.html and that for now at least it's just the logon
data that is
encrypted. With the next major release of TD the plan is to encrypt everything on the
network
stream.

I'd like to see this working again, is anybody working on it?

Doug

It will soon be available for the commerical version via a native CLI2 adapter. I am unlikely to have spare resources to apply a fix for the freely available version in the near future, as the source bases of the 2 versions are significantly out of alignment.

Regards,
Dean Arnold
Presicient Corp.
www.presicient.com