> From: Joel West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2004/08/19 Thu PM 12:24:30 GMT
>
> Server};Server=ipaddress ;database=databasename','userid',...) failed:
> [unixODBC][Driver Manager]
> Data source name not found, and no default driver specified (SQL-IM002)(DBD:
> db_login/SQLConnect err=-1) at
> dump1.pl line 12
>
> Now I am really lost.

I can tell you that you are missing a trailing semi-colon after the
";database=databasename'", it should be ";database=databasename;'", but
other than that, I just can't help you.  I imagine the "'driver={SQL Server};"
syntax is not valid under Linux, but cannot tell you what is.

> Perl 5.8.0
> DBD::ODBC 1.09
> libiodbc-3.51.2-1
> unixODBC-2.2.8-5
> libiodbc-admin-3.51.2-1
> libiodbc-devel-3.51.2-1
> freetds-0.62.1-1
> freetds-devel-0.62.1-1
> freetds-unixodbc-0.62.1-1

I think, however, that you should look at using the DBD::Sybase
module, which includes a "README.freetds" file.  I've seen mention of
using the FreeTDS drivers wtih DBD::Sybase to connect to MS SQL from
Unix/Linux.  Perhaps someone with more knowledge in this area can help...

> I am still horribly lost.

Well, good luck; sorry I'm not of more direct help...
amonotod

--

    `\|||/         amonotod@    | sun|perl|windows
      (@@)         charter.net  | sysadmin|dba