On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 01:58:53PM -0700, Joseph Bruni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking at the Perl DBI O'Reilly book, but it has a publish date of
> 2000. How much has DBI changed since then?

or, for a list of changes since DBI 1.14, this much:

  http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI/Changes

> Is the book still a good reference or has it become outdated?

Both. It's a good (enough) reference for what it covers, but what
it covers grows more limited relative to the (slowly) advancing DBI.

A second edition is "in the works" but "the works" seem to be less
than productive at the moment and relatively little is actually done.
So don't go holding your breath...

Tim.