Dear Cory,

On Mar 31, 2005 9:51 AM, Cory Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Basically we are trying to establish a database connection from an HPUX box
> running
> on a network.  Our database server is remote on another HPUX box.  We have
> Perl 5.8.6
> installed with all the current DBI and DBD modules.  We also have an SDK
> client installed
> as well.  When we try to install the DBD module we get the following error:

Oh Dear, Cory,

> .... /usr/include/machine/sys/sigcontext.h
> .. /usr/local/lib/gcc/hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11/3.4.2/include/pwd.h
> .. /usr/include/errno.h
> ... /usr/include/sys/errno.h
> . /usr/local/lib/gcc/hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11/3.4.2/include/string.h
> .. /usr/include/sys/_null.h
> . esqlperl.h
> .. ixblob.h
> Failed to compile esqltest.ec to esqltest.o
>
> Has anyone run into this before and does anyone have an suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Cory
>
> Cory Cox
> Werner Enterprises
> Analysis and Information Systems
> 1-800-228-2240 ext 2695

Please read the README file for information on, amongst other things,
how to report problems with DBD::Informix.  There is a lot of
information that is requested - you have a Class A failure (failed to
compile esqltest); see Notes/bug.reports as mentioned in the README
file.

I need to know:
* Version of Perl (5.8.6)
* Version of DBI (1. 48 - you said current)
* Version of DBD::Informix (2005.01 - you said current)
* Version of CSDK or ESQL/C (e.g. 2.90.FC1 - the letters and numbers
can be important)
* Version of IDS (or SE, XPS, OnLine) - though that is not going to
material this time.
* Hardware platform (HP-UX, probably PA-RISC rather than Itanium,
32-bit or 64-bit).
* O/S Version.
* Which C compiler you're using - version number
* Output of 'perl -V'
* Did you build this perl or is it one supplied with the o/s.
* Did you build this perl on this machine.
* Output of 'perl Makefile.PL'.
* Have you built any programs with the CSDK you have installed?
* What happened when you tried to build esqlbasic as directed in the
README file?

There might be some benefit to running with
DBD_INFORMIX_DEBUG_ESQLTEST=yes set in the environment since your
failure occurs during the build of esqltest.

With some - preferably most - of that information, we can start trying
to help you.  Note that there is a tool to help with accumulating the
information; read the README file!

--
Jonathan Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2005.01 - http://dbi.perl.org