I have put the $func->finish;  after the execute .. for the record after I
inserted the code to loop through my cursor,  I stopped getting the error.
Thanks for all your help!

                      Adriano Ferreira

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:      Denesa K Shaw <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      ail.com>                 cc:

                                               Subject: Re: Calling Stored
Procedure using REF CURSORS
                      04/18/2005 02:04

                      PM

                      Please respond

                      to Adriano

                      Ferreira

On 4/18/05, Denesa K Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> DBI::db=HASH(0x2035aef0)->disconnect invalidates 1 active statement
handle
> (either destroy
> statement handles or call finish on them before disconnecting)

Well, you need "either destroy statement handles or call finish on
them before disconnecting".

Something like:
        $func->finish;
after "$func->execute" and
        $sql->finish
after "$sql->execute".

There's nothing wrong with that: it is a warning that maybe you would
prefer to be more explicit with dismissing the statements.

Regards,
Adriano.