include oracle_home/lib in your ld_library_path

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:14:34 -0500
From: Hemanth Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Hemanth Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, dbi-users@perl.org
Subject: RE: :Oracle install problem On Solaris 8

I was able to remove those errors by installing OCI libraries but now I
am facing the following problem.

/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/bin/ld: cannot find -lclntsh
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Any body aware of this error?

Thanks
Hemanth

-----Original Message----- From: Hemanth Kumar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 12:19 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: DBD::Oracle install problem On Solaris 8

I am trying to install DBD 1.3 with DBI 1.37 on Solaris and the database
version is Oracle 9.2.
When I run the make command it returns the following error:

In file included from Oracle.h:20,
                from Oracle.xs:1:
dbdimp.h:44: ocidfn.h: No such file or directory
dbdimp.h:57: ociapr.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [Oracle.o] Error 1

Any ideas please...

Thanks
Hemanth

---//---
"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep,
pain that cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon the heart; and, in our own despair, against our will,
comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
--- Aeschylus