Job wrote:

I am sure it isn't real easy to do, otherwise Tim would have
> done it long ago.

Tim responded:

Actually I've been moving the code in that direction for several
releases. It's (possibly) most of the way there. Patches welcome.

This is good news. I'll take a look and see what sense I can make of it.

Job noted:

the performance differences are huge.  As an example, I saw 60 seconds
of database cpu time from inserting 10k rows (row by row or slow by
slow) in C++ go to 2 seconds with an array insert instead.

Of course, for bulk data loading you can also just wrap SQL*Loader, which is what we do for things that fit that model.

--
Steve Sapovits  [EMAIL PROTECTED]