[EMAIL PROTECTED]
____________________________

"Hawkes, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
05/04/2005 09:01 AM

        To:     Jeffrey Seger/Corporate/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: ORA-03113 Error from DBI

Unfortunately yes! This is only occurring when I use the DBI module.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 04 May 2005 13:46
To: Hawkes, Richard
Cc: ''dbi-users@perl.org' '

Are you running with the same user in both your perl script and in
sql*plus?  Have you run the query successfully in sql*plus across the link

using the same user?

____________________________
Jeff Seger
Fairchild Semiconductor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
____________________________

"Hawkes, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
05/04/2005 04:58 AM

        To:     Jeffrey Seger/Corporate/[EMAIL PROTECTED], "Hawkes, Richard"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:     "''dbi-users@perl.org' '" <dbi-users@perl.org>

Hi Jeffrey, thanks for your help. I have added those parameters, but
unfortunately it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. The errors are
now just appearing earlier:

DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication
channel
(DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute) at ./query_db2.cgi line 30.
DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication
channel
(DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute) at ./query_db2.cgi line 30.

The SQL Statement I am running is:

  select max(request_id) from
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I can select rows from tables in the current DB with no problem. It's just

the link that seems to be letting me down.

Help!
Richard