Martin J. Evans wrote:

>As far as I am aware this is a limitation of the TDS protocol used and
>your example code will not work unless you force a server-side cursor (see
>DBD::ODBC pod and look for odbc_SQL_ROWSET_SIZE but I warn you that you really
>will need to close everything i.e. force SQLFreeStmt(SQL_CLOSE) or you will get
>hangs).

I see. Sounds good.

>BTW, the example in the pod should be $dbh->{odbc_SQL_ROWSET_SIZE} = 2 not
>$dbh->{SQL_ROWSET_SIZE} = 2.

Just tried that. Doesn't seem to have any effect on my system. Here's
the line I added right after create $dbh :
$dbh->{odbc_SQL_ROWSET_SIZE} = 2;

>I would seriously suggest you try and avoid multiple active statements - there
>is nearly always a SQL or some other way.

Perhaps. To be honest I'm not that concerned. If it was DBD::mysql I'd
be mortified, but I don't have too much to do with SQL server, so I'll
just create lots of $dbh things and ->finish all the statements and hope
that things hold together while I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs
waiting for MySQL-5.0.x to stabalise ( stored procedures & views ).

Thanks for your help.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer