Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 18:45 -0700, Dean Arnold wrote:

Given RedHat's "notoriety" wrt
the Perl they deliver,

        It's always worked quite well for me. It also contains various patches
to make it work properly on the system. This is particularly important
as Fedora Core is frequently ahead of other distributions in certain
ways.

I've always found I needed to rebuild, or grab AS's latest. Same w/
stock Solaris perl.

Note that Core 4 uses gcc 4.01; are there any known issues
with that combo I should know about ?

        Here's the things that I can imagine could be causing the problem:

        + Fedora uses NPTL and not pthreads or LinuxThreads.

That occured to me, 'cept I'm not using threads in the test case.

        + gcc4, as you mentioned

Thats my best guess at this point.

        + SELinux, if you have it enabled

Nope.

        -Max

Thnx. I'm going to add a bunch of signal handlers
and see if I can trap anything, then maybe a bunch of
printf's around the DBI code to see how far it gets before
dying.

- Dean