Tree setting SHLIB_PATH to the same value as LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Try doing
this before you build DBD::Oracle. (You are doing this with a perl you
have built right?)

If/when you get it work, try patching Makefile.PL to find the libraries
and includes so that it builds the right Makefile, if you get that work,
and send the patch to me or to Tim.

Lincoln