Hello,
I have successfully executed SQL statements to a DB2 database from perl
5.8.2 using DBI V1.48 and DBD::DB2 V0.78 on AIX 5.2.2.0. I'm now testing
the error handling, and it is not working as I expect.  For instance I
try to prepare a statement I know will fail but error handling using
'or' or '||' does not catch the error.

my $stmt = 'select count(*) from sysibm.badTblnm ';
my $sth = $dbh->prepare($stmt) or die "Prepare Failed\n";

I use this same construct with Oracle DBs and it works fine.  I have an
alternate solution (checking the length of error string) but I'd like to
understand why this is necessary.  Any ideas?
TIA, Paula