Hi everybody,,,

I have found esoftmatic.com showing the instructions for the installation of
the DBI, and DBD modules for the AS perl.
I installed AS Perl 5.8.7 on Windows XP.

I tried to install DBI module for it as follows
ppm install ftp://ftp.esoftmatic.com/outgoing/DBI/5.8.3/DBI.ppd

as well as....
ppm install http://ftp.esoftmatic.com/outgoing/DBI/5.8.3/DBI.ppd

but it is bouncing with the following error:

Error: No valid repositories:
Error: 500 Can't connect to ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (Bad hostname
'ppm.ActiveState.com')
Error: 500 Can't connect to ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (Bad hostname
'ppm.ActiveState.com')
(May be this is due to a firewall that is installed in the organization)

After this try failed, I downloaded the following tar files from the link:
http://ftp.esoftmatic.com/outgoing/DBI/5.8.3/
1.DBI-1.43-5.8.3.tar
2.DBD-Oracle-1.15-5.8.3.tar
3.DBD-ODBC-1.10-5.8.3.tar
4.Test-Simple-0.47-5.8.3.tar

and unzipped them using the winzip and all the files have got created in 'blib'
directory.

But I could not find a proper guidance for the installation with these tar
files.

Can you please help me out in installing DBI, DBD::Oracle in my machine with
these tar files or any
alternative???!!!

Hoping a reply.

Thanks in advance.