----- Forwarded message from Sachin Bardeo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

Subject: Fetching CLOB variable fron Oracle in Perl version 5.005_03
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:25:19 +0530
From: "Sachin Bardeo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   Hi Tim,

   Hope you are doing fine!

   I am trying to fetch CLOB variable from Oracle by using DBI following are
the code experts:

   Packages used:

   use DBI;
   use CGI;
   use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
   use TeamSite::JavaResourceBundle;
   use File::Basename;
   use DBD::Oracle qw(:ora_types);

   And code which fetches the Data is as follows:

   my $sth = $dbh->prepare(q{
   begin
   :output := content_tracer.create_tree(:trace,:child_params,:parent_params);
   end;
   },{ ora_auto_lob => 0 } );
   $sth->bind_param(":trace",$trace);
   $sth->bind_param(":child_params",$child_params);
   $sth->bind_param(":parent_params",$parent_params);
   $sth->bind_param_inout(":output",\$data,50000,{ ora_type => ORA_CLOB });
   $sth->execute();
   $sth->finish;

   But I am getting following error after execution:

   DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: (DBD ERROR: LOB refetch attempted for
unsupported statement type).

   If I run same piece of code on Perl version 5.8.2 it is working fine. Is
there a version problem?

   Please help!

   Thanks & Regards

   Sachin

   Disclaimer:
   The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or
attachment(s) if any) are
   privileged and confidential material of MBT and should not be disclosed to,
used by or copied in any
   manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case you are not
the desired addressee, you
   should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender. The views
expressed in this E-mail message
   (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the
individual sender, except where
   the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of MBT.

   This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free
of any virus. However, it
   is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and
MBT is not responsible for
   any loss or damage arising in any way from its use

----- End forwarded message -----