From: Martindale, Marty (NGIT) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:21 PM
To: 'dbi-users@perl.org'
Subject: Problem with Oracle 10.2 and Perl dbd/dbi interface

There is a problem in Oracle 10.2 that surfaces after you install the
latest
Perl, dbd-oracle and dbi on a windows box.  The symptom is that sqlplus
and
sqlplusw no longer function, they return almost immediately to the
command
prompt.  This is a know but undocumented problem in oracle.  I submitted
tar to get the information.  The problem file is 'oraociei10.dll' was
not
compiled at the correct level.   Renaming this file will get sqlplus and
sqlplusw functioning again.  The file is located in Perl\bin'.

There is also a problem with the dbi installation if you have blanks in
the
path name.  The symptom of this is an error message when the license
agreement is being displayed.