Tim Bunce wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 11:01:33AM +0100, Tom Schindl wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I've already asked at the mod-perl-list about the new connection pooling
>>provided by Apache2.2 with
>>http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.1/mod/mod_dbd.html but they redirected me
>>to this mailling list.
>>
>>Has anybody taken already a look at this. I think I don't have enough
>>knowlegde about the DBI-Internals and C-Programming.
>

> I'm not familar with mod_dbd or how it relates to Stas Beckmans work on
> DBI::Pool:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=DBI%3A%3APool%20stas%20bunce
>
> The changes to take_imp_data required by DBI::Pool were included in DBI 1.49.
> Now someone just needs to re-test and finish up work on DBI::Pool.
> I'm not sure if Stas is planning to do that himself or is looking for
> volunteers.
>
> Tim.

I have not really a idea how DBI or e.g. DBD::mysql are working but I've
taken a short look into the c-code of DBD::mysql and have seen that
there is the "MYSQL* mysql_dr_connect" which is called in "int my_login"
and 2 places of the XS-Code.

Takeing a further look into http://www.apachetutor.org/dev/reslist which
lists a mod_dbd-implementation for mysql there is the mod_dbd-function
"MYSQL* mysql_acquire(request_rec* r, unsigned int flags)".

As already stated I admit that I have no idea how DBI and DBD::mysql are
working but wouldn't it be enough to decide on some key ({PoolRequest =>
Apache2::RequestRec}) found in imp_dbh whether to call "mysql_acquire"
or "mysql_dr_connect"?

Tom