-- Tim Bunce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>>             $dbh->connect_cached( @{ $meta{ $dbh } } );
>
> If the connection has failed then connect_cached() will return a new,
> different, $dbh which would be lost with the code above.
>
> To change the $dbh in the application to be this new $dbh you'd need to
> use swap_internal_handle(). If I was mad enough to try this I'd probably
> do:
>       $new_dbh = $dbh->clone;
>       $dbh->swap_internal_handle($new_dbh);

So much for hacking error handlers in my mail editor :-)

Why "mad enough"? The point is that if I have a long
running (months at a time) daemon then it'd be nice
not to have to restart it each time the databas is
restarted: just let HandleError deal with it and keep
on trukin...

--
Steven Lembark                                       85-09 90th Street
Workhorse Computing                                Woodhaven, NY 11421