On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 10:30:46AM -0500, Robert Hicks wrote:
> Tim Bunce wrote:
> >On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:50:11PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> >>I'd like to see all of the prepared_cached() and execute() statements
> >>when tracing.  Currently that output is truncated.
> >>
> >>How do I change where it truncates?
> >
> >From memory it's $DBI::max_neatlen - but it is in the docs.
>
> Looking through the DBI docs, I find no trace (pun intended) of
> $DBI->max_neatlen. I found a max_len as a bind value to increase memory
> but that was as close as I got.

Ah. Now I look at the docs I see that $DBI::neat_maxlen is only
mentioned in the docs for the neat() utility function:

  =item C<neat>

    $str = neat($value);
    $str = neat($value, $maxlen);

  Return a string containing a neat (and tidy) representation of the
  supplied value.

  Strings will be quoted, although internal quotes will I<not> be escaped.
  Values known to be numeric will be unquoted. Undefined (NULL) values
  will be shown as C<undef> (without quotes).

  If the string is flagged internally as utf8 then double quotes will
  be used, otherwise single quotes are used and unprintable characters
  will be replaced by dot (.).

  For result strings longer than C<$maxlen> the result string will be
  truncated to C<$maxlen-4> and "C<...'>" will be appended.  If C<$maxlen> is 0
  or C<undef>, it defaults to C<$DBI::neat_maxlen> which, in turn, defaults to
400.

  This function is designed to format values for human consumption.
  It is used internally by the DBI for L</trace> output. It should
  typically I<not> be used for formatting values for database use.
  (See also L</quote>.)

  =cut

I'll add mention of it into the TRACING section.

Thanks.

Tim.