On 2/26/06, Scott Webster Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK, I think I asked something along these lines before, but I am actually
> starting to code so I wanted to revise the question(s) a bit.  I am looking
> for
> a good way to keep an up-to-date database (or perhaps use an XML-RPC/SOAP
> based
> service) to translate back-and-forth between information such as
> city/state/county, zip-code, and longitude/latitude.
[...]

I am going to strongly recommend that you NOT do this yourself.
Instead enter into a business relationship with someone who already
does this, like mapquest, google, etc.  They should not only maintain
the up to date data, but they have web APIs, and should have examples
of calling them in a variety of languages.

Cheers,
Ben