I have perl 5.8.7 installed on my WinXP machine. I'm trying to install
DBI and DBD::ORACLE. None of the posting's I've read is helping.

When I run ppm, I get:
Error: No valid repositories:
Error: 500 Can't connect to ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (Bad hostname
'ppm.ActiveState.com')

I can get to this site using my web browser.

Someone suggested I reinstall PPM, so I copied ppm-1.50 and installed
it. It doesn't look the same, but, I don't get the error 500. Instead I
tried:
Ppm install ftp://ftp.esoftmoatic.com/outgoing/DBI/5.8.7/DBI.ppd, the
error comes back:

Error installing package
'ftp://ftp.esoftmatic.com/outgoing/DBI/5.8.7/DBI.ppd : Could not locate
a PPD file for package.

I tried one for ftp (which I already have installed) and it gives me the
same error.

I also tried downloading the files and running
Perl Makefile.pl
Nmake

It doesn't compile because of link errors - can't find some of the .dll
files.

Help

Bob