On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 15:19 -0600, Reidy, Ron wrote:
> Get a 10046 trace of the process.  This will tell you exactly what the
> DB is waiting for.

 What makes it worse or harder to track down is it seems to be momentary
problem.  While this process hangs, others are connecting
no problem.  It's almost as the Listener drops a packet or something to
that effect and the DBI connect is still waiting for it to return.  This
is a high traffic DB so it may be easier to work around, unless the
problem worsens.  Trace files would be huge.

--
Scott T. Hildreth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>