On 4/24/06, Greg Sabino Mullane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've proposed adding something simlilar to DBI itself, but I don't recall
> getting
> any feedback on it. Presumably once in place DBIx::Class will someday support
> it.

DBI is complex enough, and AIUI the DBI philosophy opposes adding features
to the core that will cause implementation headaches for driver authors.

The standard perl idiom for default values is

       %hash = (    key1 => 'defaultvalue1', key2 => 'defaultval2',  @_ );

Combining that with something like the insert_hash example from perldoc DBI
should give you a tidy function that inserts default values.

--
David L Nicol
Document what you do, then do what you documented