From: Chris Sarnowski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:04 AM
To: dbi-users@perl.org
Cc: Drozdowski, Catharine
Subject: Re: Identify PID for remote database handle

I don't know of any way to do this using DBI or DBD::Oracle.
  You might get better answers on an Oracle DBA list (try
http://www.freelists.org/list/oracle-l or http://www.lazydba.com )

This seems to work in Oracle 9.2, but I just hacked it together in a
couple of minutes and it's not thoroughly tested (i.e. testcases = 1
with 100% success).
Also, there are probably
better ways to find your own SID. This of course assumes that the user
has access to the V$ tables (which they probably shouldn't have).

select vp.spid from v$process vp, v$session vs where vs.sid = (select
sid from v$mystat where rownum = 1) and vp.addr = vs.paddr;

I've been thinking about why you might want this and now I'm not sure
it's the answer you want anyway. Running sqlplus inside of perl seems
redundant for most purposes.
And now that I think about it I'm sure DBI/DBD::Oracle can't help you
here because it is not going to know anything about the sqlplus
connection, just the DBI handle.
So it really is off-topic for this list.

-Chris