From: Jonathan Leffler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 31/05/2006 21:31
To: R, Rajsekar
Cc: dbi-users@perl.org
Subject: Re: perl- dbi

On 5/31/06, R, Rajsekar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    how do i ensure that DBI is installed in my machine..
> will it be automatically installed when perl is installed...
>
> i am getiing error when i start using  use DBI;
> and i need to connet to ORACLE DATABASE.

You've received a few workable answers - but there's a better one.

perl -MDBI -e 'print "$DBI::VERSION\n"'

This tells you which version of DBI you have installed - which can be
even more valuable than simply knowing that DBI is installed.

Similarly:

perl -MDBD::Oracle -e 'print "$DBD::Oracle::VERSION\n"'

Similarly for any other (civilized) module - whether in the DBI/DBD
collection or not.

--
Jonathan Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2005.02 - http://dbi.perl.org