On 6/23/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Hello,
  I am trying to write a perl script to connect to our DB2 database and
do some basic SQL queries.  But I'm having trouble with making
everything play nice.
  I'm on WinXP, and did a manual build of DBI with Visual Studio's
nmake.  That all went fine (as far as I can tell).  So I downloaded the
DBD::DB2 module and unzipped it to my C:/Perl/lib directory (creating
the blib directory from the use lib line below.  Here's the code I'm
trying to test it with...

Normally, you don't compile a module in the Perl install tree - you compile
it some other place and install it into the tree.
So, did you obtain a pre-compiled copy of DBD::DB2?

If so, do you have the necessary support libraries installed?

use lib 'c:/Perl/lib/blib/lib/Bundle';

I'm dubious in the extreme about this line (above).

use DBI;

### Probe DBI for the installed drivers
my @drivers = DBI->available_drivers();

die "No drivers found!\n" unless @drivers; # should never happen

### Iterate through the drivers and list the data sources for
### each one
foreach my $driver ( @drivers ) {
    print "Driver: $driver\n";
    my @dataSources = DBI->data_sources( $driver );
    foreach my $dataSource ( @dataSources ) {
        print "\tData Source is $dataSource\n";
    }
    print "\n";
}

And here is the output:

DBD::DB2 initialisation failed: Can't locate object method "driver" via
package "DBD::DB2" at c:/Perl/site/lib/DBI.pm line 768.

Perhaps the capitalisation of DBD 'DB2' isn't right. At
C:..........dbQueryAutoBatch.pl line 33.

If you have a pre-compiled module, then I think your problem is the absence
of DB2 Connect (IIRC) or its equivalent.
If you don't have a pre-compiled module, then your problem is that you need
to compile and install it - and compile it in any directory that is not
underneath the Perl install directory hierarchy.

Not sure if DBI or DBD::DB2 arne't right or I'm just calling something
wrong.  But any help would be appreciated.

There's a chance I misinterpreting the symptoms - I'm not a DB2 expert.

--
Jonathan Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2005.02 - http://dbi.perl.org