I have two database table. One has over 600 cisco devices with serial and model
numbers, flash image version, and name, etc. The other has the name as well of
the device as well as installed modules. The tables were generated via perl
script I have. What is the most efficient way to keep these tables up to date?

The only thing I can think of is to run the scripts ( everything is in an array
of anonymous hashes), loop through the devices, select the device with the name
out of the database and compare all fields, then change any field that doesn't
match what my script returns.   Anyone have any better ideas???

Thanks,

Mitch

Mitch Raful, MCSE CCNP
Network Engineer
HQMC MCCS
3044 Catlin Avenue
Quantico, VA 22134
703-784-5991
"T'm Mitch Raful, and I approved this message."