You might want to follow the tutorial found in the README.win32.txt as you can compile the latest version of DBD::Oracle it for the exact Oracle client you are using.

More compilcated I know but it does work.

cheers

----- Original Message ----- From: "mohanesha chandrashekar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <dbi-users@perl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:16 AM
Subject: Problem in intsalling DBD-Oracle on Windows 2000

I tried to install  DBD-Oracle  that i got from following site
http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/5xx-builds-only/

its throwing error "Error: no suitable installation target found for package ."

Also i tried with link

ppm install http://www.xmlproj.com/PPM/DBD-Oracle.ppd

That is the "official location" of the DBI FAQ, but the site appears
offline currently.  Maybe that's just me.  If not, try this:

ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/DBD-Oracle.ppd

C:\>ppm install http://www.xmlproj.com/PPM/DBD-Oracle.ppd
its throwing error :

Error: Failed to download URL http://www.xmlproj.com/PPM/DBD-Oracle.ppd:
500 Can't connect to www.xmlproj.com:80 (connect: Unknown error)

C:\>ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/DBD-Oracle.ppd

its throwing error :
Error: Failed to download URL http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/DBD-
Oracle.ppd: 500 Can't connect to theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca:80 (connect:
Unknown error)

Could you please help me in installing this DBD-Oracle on windows 2000

Thanks,
Mohanesh