I have this script under, it doesn't work.

I have installed the module DBD-Oracle on my Windows platform, I have a
Oracle client who's working in SQLplus mode.

I see that you've added the path to your oracle home to your PATH
environment variable, but have you added ORACLE_HOME to your
environment?

The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of moral crisis.
   Dante Alighieri (1265 - 1321)

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
deserve neither liberty or security.
Benjamin Franklin

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King

violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause,
supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment IV to the Constitution of the United States