In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "John Scoles" writ
es:
>Seems there is a bug in Oracle (What??? never happens?? yeah right!) the bug
>number is 5389730. Seem that our friends
>at Oracle forgot to add a flie to a makefile into the 10.2.0.2 Solaris x86
>patchset :-). so parts are missing when you try to connect with 32bit perl.

There's nothing to smile about in that Bug No.

Oracle has a patch for 10.2.0.1, but has refused to create the
official patch for 10.2.0.2 since August.

The interim patch for 10.2.0.2 that my support engineer provided
does work and DBD::Oracle runs fine, but the experience definitely
left me wondering why I renew our support contract with Oracle
every year.

John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]