From: Robert Hicks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 1:40 PM
To: dbi-users@perl.org
Subject: DBI in a web context

I have a couple forms for an in-house application. The user fills out the fields and then submits which update a back end Oracle database.

I have looked for examples but can't really find anything.

How is it best to catch errors when doing DBI stuff in web applications?

Wrap the insert "code" in an eval statement? Croak or die statements? I am thinking eval because I can set autocommit to "off" and then do rollbacks if $@ has an error.

Suggestions and comments welcome?

Robert

information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the
sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by