Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the rapid response. We await the next release with baited breath ;)

Will

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Patrick Galbraith wrote:

Hi!

I need to get this patch in, and apologise for not doing so sooner. I've been swamped with work on other projects within mysql, and even have a patch of mine that I wish to get in there... not to mention a patch for multiple result sets my comaintainer, Alexey Stroganov, has sent me!

When it rains, it pours!

Thank you for your kind words,

Patrick

ps. CC-ing the list so people know I know that they know that I need to get a release out soon ;)

Will Spooner wrote:

Hi Patrick,

Just to add weight to this issue; it also causes problems for projects that are based on the Ensembl code, including the two that I work on (Gramene, www.gramene.org, and MaizeSequence, www.maizeseqeunce.org), and a host of others listed here;

http://www.ensembl.org/info/about/ensembl_powered.html

We can work round the problem in most cases by downgrading to a local copy of DBD-mysql-2.9. This solution, however, is unsuitable for large multi-node compute clusters that we use for generating our data.

Many thanks for your efforts; DBD::mysql is almost always fantastic!

Will