That was a good tip, because I just tried sqlplus and I get 'ORA-12560: TNS:
protocol adapter error"

So there's a clue.

The client is working, and I tried tnsping and it was fine. It used the TNS
file that I have in my TNS_ADMIN var. And I've been using Toad. So it's
intersting that slqplus and OCI don't seem to be working. Still hunting...

On 3/5/07, Garrett, Philip (MAN-Corporate) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

April Blumenstiel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have downloaded the instant client and the header files for Oracle
> 10g, and DBD::Oracle is compiling without error, but the make tests
> are failing. The TNS is failing to resolve. I have set my TNS_ADMIN
> var to the location of the file. I know it's a good TNS file, because
> it works fine on my old system.

Does SQL*Plus work?  If not, get that working first, then try
DBD::Oracle.

If I recall correctly, you can't use an environment variable for Oracle
stuff on Windows -- you have to use a registry setting instead.  But
don't have any facts to back that up :-)

- Philip